It was the family background in farming and an ambition to develop the parent’s original career to be more up to date with contemporary production methods that inspired Damrong to study at Kasetsart University. After graduation, he found he had a very good chance to work as an agronomist for an agricultural toxicology research institute, but his dream was shattered when he found that his body could not resist the pesticides. At the same time, he had studied and truly understood that chemical substances are the silent enemies of both farmers and consumers, and this became the starting point for further research about organic agriculture and a main career that has spanned for 30 years now, all the while maintaining an aim of guaranteeing completely natural agricultural production. All of these efforts resulted in the founding of what is today the Organic Farm of Chiangmai.
- Organic toxic-free vegetables and fruits sold both for wholesale and in retail shops, as well as online.
- Organic agriculture training center providing organic farming courses in achieving the international organic standards.
- Running of a farm-stay resort and offering of trekking at the mountain near the farm.
- Providing instruction about Thai foods through the farm’s products and forest vegetables.
- Advising of students creating theses and conduction independent studies and research on organic agricultural businesses.
Visiting the Farm is Free Of Charge For Visitors and Seminars.
Students from public institutes should have at least 20 people per group and interested farmers who intend to change from their former farming methods to organic farming should have a minimum of 5 people in their group.